AUDITED EVALUATIONS OF THOSE WHO JOINED THE McGUIRE PROGRAMME IN 2018
The McGuire Programme welcomed 463 new members in 2018 to learn how to overcome their stuttering and to speak more articulately and eloquently.
77% of all new McGuire Programme members were rated Successful in 2018. Note that this figure rates all non-respondents as "unsuccessful," and is what the McGuire Programme treats as its true overall success rate.
|97% of those new 2018 members who took advantage of the McGuire Programme's INCLUDED Lifetime Support Membership for at least 6 months were rated as successful.|
|84% of all new 2018 McGuire Programme members attributed an increased Quality of Life to the McGuire Programme and their improved speaking abilities.||Unlike the McGuire Programme, many other programs do not include non-respondents in their success rate calculations. Using this method, 83% of new McGuire Programme members would have been rated successful in 2017.|
2018 was an exceptional year for the following reasons:
• Our 77% verified/audited success rate in 2018 is second only to 2010’s 78% success rate since we improved the Evaluation Audit process in 2004.
• This represents a dramatic improvement from the unacceptable 63% of 2016, and appears to be a result of improved (and more strict) staff training and staff development procedures for coaches.
• Dramatic improvements were recorded in Benelux (went from 56% in 2017 to 80%), Scandinavia (from 64% to 83%), UK North (from 64% to 84%).
An impressive eight Regions achieved success rates of over 80%. These include:
- Greece at 100% (RD - Matt Wilton)
- India at 95% (RD - Kaushik Valluri)
- Australia/NZ at 86% (RD - Denis Wright)
- UK North at 84% (RD - Iain Mutch)
- Scandinavia at 83% (RD - Daniel Kusk)
- UK South at 80.5% (RD, Matt Wilton)
- Ireland at 80.4% (RD, Joe O'Donnell)
- Benelux at 80% (RD, Emmet O'Connell)
Evaluation Auditors for 2018 Include:
- Sharon Gavillet (from Ireland): Audited UK North, UK South and Latin America
- Mary Moorehead (from Ireland): Audited Australia and Scandinavia
- Jennifer Vaughn (from UK North): Audited Ireland and South Africa
- Kevin Lynch (from Ireland): Audited USA/Canada, India, Benelux, and Germany
- Patricia Madigan (from USA): Audited Germany and Benelux
Please click on the 2018 link below for more detailed data.